Oasis Arena Academy
- Site name: Oasis Academy Arena, Croydon
- System size: 68kWp
- Lead Contractor: Willmott Dixon
- Mounting detail –Low Ballast Mounting System
- System Yield – 61,000kWh per annum
- CO2 saving – 27 tonnes per annum
Oasis Academy Arena is a new secondary school for children aged 11-16 that focuses on sport and science. The school will take in around 180 new students each year before eventually growing to full capacity by September 2019.
Drakes were commissioned to design and install a 68kW solar system to achieve BREEAM credits and comply with the London Plan. A monitoring portal allows pupils to see live generation, which also acts as an educational tool.
The school uses the green electricity generated, which reduces bills and saves more money for education. In addition, the school will receive an income from the Feed in Tariff for the next 20 years.
The team at Drakes Renewables are knowledgeable, reliable and professional. I was able to trust them to deliver works as agreed.
– Derek Wilkie, Project Manager