Ronald MacDonald House
- Site name: Ronald McDonald House, London
- System size: 18kW
- Lead Contractor: Willmott Dixon
- Inverters: 3-Phase SolarEdge Inverter and Power Optimisers
- System Yield – 17,000kWh per annum
- CO2 saving – 7 tonnes per annum
Ronald McDonald House Charities provide free ‘home away from home’ accommodation at specialist children’s hospitals across the UK.
Drakes were engaged to design and install a solar system on the roof of the brand new 59 bedroom Ronald McDonald House at Evelina London Children’s Hospital, part of Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust.
The 18kW solar photovoltaic system provides electricity to power the communal areas of the hotel. Driven by the BREEAM requirement and the London Plan a system was designed to achieve a 10% reduction in the building’s CO2 emissions.